Thursday 27 June 2013

Fractal Design Define R4 and Corsair H110

I am currently building my own computer by getting the components off Amazon, Aria and Scan whenever their prices are down, and I opted for the Fractal Design Define R4.
Ok, it looks cool. Realy cool (see the pictures below).

A while after, one of the coolers I had in my list (Corsair H110) dropped in price; I ordered it and quite excitedly started fitting it onto my case (even though I don't have a mother board yet, but new toys...).

The case specifications described it as being able to allow 140mm radiators on the top of the case; while the fan holes are there, there was a bit problem: the holes didn't match up with the cooler:

As you can see, the screw holes on the cooler have a wider space between them than the case. Foiled.
There was not enough room to mount the radiator at the front, and on the bottom of the case, the space was occupied by my PSU (Corsair AX 760).

Meh, had to send it back - it was either that or the case (which I fell in love with). Ordered the H90 instead; lets see how that one fits!








No comments:

Post a Comment